- We will not be serving Lenten Fish Dinners for the remainder of the 2020 Lenten season. Thank you for your support.
- 3/20 will be the last Lenten Fish Dinner this season until further notice.
- As of 3/16, we plan to sell full fish dinners this Friday, March 20, strictly using two drive-thru stations (and no eat-in service). The only meal served will be a fried haddock dinner.
- Volunteers: We thank you for volunteering to work this dinner. Please know that if you do not feel comfortable, you are not obligated to come. Please contact Jackie Newman at email@example.com to either confirm your attendance or notify that you will not be participating.
- This is a very fluid situation that is changing day-to-day and this information could change.
Dinner Q & A
Q: What are the dates for fish dinners in 2020?
A. All Fridays during Lent – February 28, March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3. There is no dinner on Good Friday.
Q: What time does the fish dinner occur?
A: Meals are served from 3:30pm until 7:00pm or until we run out. We will try our best to have enough.
Q: Do you cancel the Fish Dinner if the weather is bad?
A: No – Rain, Snow, Blizzard we have prepared the food and it must be cooked. If the weather is really bad be sure to buy two dinners – one for today and one for tomorrow.
Q. Can we get it to go?
A. Yes, and you don’t even need to get out of your car. Drive-up take out service is available.
Q: How much does it cost?
- Baked or Fried Haddock – $10.00
- Fried Shrimp – $12.00
- Macaroni & Cheese only – $8.00
Child Dinners: Children under 5 are free for Dine-In only
- Baked or Fried Haddock – $6.00
- Fried Shrimp – $6.00
- Macaroni & Cheese – $6.00
Q: What comes with the meal?
- Fish Dinners include Baked or Fried Haddock, Macaroni & Cheese, Coleslaw, Applesauce, Roll & Butter, Homemade Dessert & Drink*
- Shrimp Dinners include Fried Shrimp, Macaroni & Cheese, Coleslaw, Applesauce, Roll & Butter, Homemade Dessert & Drink*
- Macaroni & Cheese Dinners include Macaroni & Cheese, Coleslaw, Applesauce, Roll & Butter, Homemade Dessert & Drink*
*Drink for dine-in only – choice of Iced Tea, Lemonade, Ice Water, Regular/Decaf Coffee or Hot Tea
Q: What type of fish is it?
A: All fried and baked fish is haddock. Adult servings are 8-10oz in size.
Q: How many shrimp are in the shrimp dinner?
A. Adult shrimp dinners come with approximately a ½ pound of fried shrimp (8 pieces). The child dinner comes with 5 pieces.
Q: Do you have any gluten-free dinners?
A: No. Sorry, but all dinners contain gluten.
Q. Can I order ahead? Do I need tickets?
A. There are no advance sales. If you are dining in tickets are purchased as the door. For drive-thru a volunteer will take your order right at your vehicle.
Q. Do you deliver?
A. Delivery is not available but we do offer drive-thru take out service. Just pull up and we will take your order and bring your meal out to your vehicle.
Q: Where is Church of the Holy Family located?
A: 3600 Phyllis St. Endwell.
Q: Can I have the recipe for your Fish, Coleslaw, Macaroni and Cheese, etc?
A: Sorry – that is a “Holy Family” secret.
Q: How do I sign-up to volunteer?
A: Sign-Ups are done weekly after Masses on the previous weekend. Sign-Ups are for workers at the dinners as well as people to bake dessert.
Q: If I sign up to volunteer, what will I be doing?
A: There are lots of activities to help with both during the week and on Friday – from preparing the dinners to assisting in the kitchen, serving line, clearing tables and clean-up. The sign-up sheets are separated into different areas and times.
We also have several “sit-down” tasks to be completed – like filling tartar sauce cups or wrapping silverware.
Q: I would like to volunteer my time but I cannot be there on Friday afternoons. Are there other ways I can help?
A: We have several other times for people to help throughout the week.
- Wednesday 9am to 3pm: Kitchen Help (preparing fish, dishes, etc.)
- Thursday 9am to 3pm: Filling cups (coleslaw, applesauce, tartar & cocktail sauce), wrapping silverware, preparing fish, washing dishes
- Thursday 6pm to 7:30pm: set up social hall for Friday
Q: I signed up to volunteer but forgot what time I signed up for.
A: The parish office has a copy of the sign-up sheets. Sign up sheet copies are also posted weekly in McCabe Hall. There are reminder slips provided for you at the table.
Q: I didn’t sign up to work/bake but now I want to help.
A: We can always use more volunteers and bakers. Call the parish office and let them know or just show up and we will find something for you to do. Enter through the Office/Chapel door and you can sign in, get a name tag and join the fun.
Q: I signed up to work but now I cannot make it on Friday. What should I do?
A: It’s okay – we will find another volunteer to cover for you – but don’t forget to sign up for another week.
Q: I heard I have to wear a hat if I volunteer – is this true?
A: All workers in the kitchen and serving line need to have their hair covered. Workers clearing tables in the dining room do not need to wear a hat. We suggest bringing your own hat but we will have paper hats and hairnets available if you don’t have one or forget.
Q. My question wasn’t answered here. Who can I contact?
A. Please contact the Parish office at 607-754-1266 or firstname.lastname@example.org